Welcome To CentrePoint Academy
We are delighted that you have come to explore what CentrePoint Academy offers for support of children and young adults with special needs. We are excited to be a provider of quality education for students K-6 through K-12 and the transition programs supports young adults 18 to 24 years with Intellectual Developmental Disabilities I/DD and learning challenges due to ADD and other challenges. We look forward to educating students and partnering with parents that are seeking a more enriching and engaging educational experience.
CentrePoint Academy Student Profile
- Students with intellectual disabilities and severe physical impairments:
- Intellectual disability involves problems with general mental abilities that affect functioning in two areas:
- intellectual functioning (such as learning, problem solving, judgement) affecting students’ literacy and mathematics abilities for their age level.
- adaptive functioning (activities of daily life such as communication and independent living) prevents students from having the ability to care for themselves at their age level.
- Students with Autism who also have an Intellectual Disability and/or Speech Impairment
- Students with Intellectual Disability
- Students with Cerebral Palsy who also have an Intellectual Disability and/or Speech Impairment
- Students with a genetic disorder who also have an Intellectual Disability.